Mobile Catering Trucks must be inspected and licensed on an annual or bi-annual basis by each City/County in which they are operating. Most have codes or ordinances requiring the trucks to be stationed at an Approved Commissary, and a notarized verification or “Commissary Letter” must be provided.
WHAT IS A COMMISSARY LETTER?
A Commissary Letter is a form identifying a particular Operator/Truck and verifying their status regarding compliance with all rules and regulations as set forth by the City/County in which they are applying, as well as the terms and conditions of their agreements to purchase products and services from our commissary. They may only be issued to operators who are stationed at our commissary and whose use of the facilities may be verified on a daily basis. Commissary Letters usually accompany applications or other paperwork required by cities/counties in order to obtain a license or health permit and typically include:
• Commissary Name
• Commissary Owner’s Name & Contact Information (Address, Phone, Fax, Email)
• Listing of Products and Services the Operator is contracted to purchase from the Commissary
• Commissary Owner’s Signature
• Vehicle Owner’s Name & Contact Information (Address, Phone, Fax, Email)
• Vehicle Description (Truck Name, Year, Make, VIN, License Plate)
• Operator’s Name & Contact Information (Address, Phone, Fax, Email)
• Vehicle Owner and/or Operator’s Signature
• Notary Stamp & Signature
REQUESTING A COMMISSARY LETTER
Requests for Commissary Letters must be submitted to the Safety Department at least 48 hours in advance, along with the following documents:
• Operator’s Driver’s License
• Any applicable Solicitor’s Permits
• Any applicable Food Handler’s Cards or other Certifications
• Vehicle Registration
• Proof of Insurance
• Route Lists
* These documents are kept on file for verification purposes. Operators must notify the Safety Department of any changes, such as renewals or updates.
Every day, our Safety Department works with health departments in over 85 North Texas municipalities in order to help ensure that our customers are in compliance with all rules and regulations, including:
N. Richland Hills